Monday, March 5, 2012

The Mix: Savor the Dating Process


I heard something recently that resonated with me: “what I love about my age is the peacefulness” particularly poignant for me at this point in my single life is the fact that I don’t feel like I have to be married to be happy.  Without a doubt, I have always considered marriage an option, but I have not found a partner willing to do the pre-work.  I look at the dating process as pre-work.  This is where many people get significant signs if they are headed for bliss or disappointment.

I decided to start my business in an attempt to teach other singles the value and enjoyment of a fulfilling social/dating life.  When you fall-in-love with someone sometimes it’s hard to look at the situation in a realistic perspective.  I hope more than anything that my clients can look back at their failed relationships and respect the choices they made.  Even the misguided ones and understand the reasons why the relationship failed and then make wise decisions.   Remember, not everyone you date is meant to be your spouse.

As busy people rushing from one responsibility to the next, we have to remember not to let our hearts lead us blindly into a bad relationship.  When I hear people talk about a new love interest, they are so caught up in the moment that they speak of the good and refuse to acknowledge the bad.  Love has two faces – Reality/Fantasy.  More often than not, people focus on the fantasy, and ignore the price they will have to pay for it.  Instead, listen to your intuition, clear your mind of the hugs and kisses, and savor the dating process for what it is intended to be -- the best tool for cultivating great relationships and weeding out the bad ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment