Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hit The Spot Solutions

People often fixate on the wrong things when planning a date, when all that matters is that you show up to have a good time.  Often it’s the novelty of the location, the small details like opening the car door, and stimulating conversation that make for a richer experience.  To reap the benefits of the Dating Cocktails method, add a little creativity, stir in some flexibility, avoid the madness and remember “love less, date more.”

Q. About a year ago, I lost my job due to the recession.  Is there any way for me to have a social life with the few pennies I still have left in my pockets?
  A. Definitely, all you need is a few hookups and a little research!  Check out the internet and the local city paper for free events in your area.  If you are looking for cheap eats, timing is everything.

No frills dining – If Mother Nature is smiling upon you with great weather, take a drive to the farmers market, a festival, or visit a gourmet food truck. 

Concerts in The Park – You don’t have to pay top dollar to see an eclectic mix of national performers.  During the spring and summer months many cities will offer free concerts at outdoor venues.

Happy-Hour – If you desire fancy fare cheap, then visit the trendier restaurants during happy hours (usually 5pm to 7pm).   Appetizers and cocktails are usually 50% less than what you would normally pay.

Movie Screenings – Winter or spring, summer or fall, we all can enjoy the cinema.  Search the internet, call the radio stations, and look in the local papers for complimentary tickets for movie premiers.

Q. I have an extremely bad habit of talking about past relationships when I’m on a date.  I try to avoid talking about my past all together, but when the subject comes up and I hear the other person divulge personal stories, I feel obligated to share as well.  I think I say way too much because I never seem to get asked out for a second date. 

   A. You are not alone! I actually get asked this question a lot.  The best advice is to choose activities that aren’t conversation driven.  For example, if you are at a romantic dinner with low lighting and a quiet atmosphere, sometimes we feel the need to talk, and talk, and talk.  Before you even realize it, you have told the person all the dirty details that have led you to be single.   And on a first date that is definitely not appropriate!  Instead plan or suggest an activity that is interactive and busy.  For instance, many bars will hold game nights or try a pajama brunch.  Imagine rolling right out of bed and driving straight to breakfast, all the while still in your pj’s.  This comfy and deliciously themed brunch alternative is something fun that restaurants offer, you will be so busy participating in the festivities that you won’t even think about discussing the past

2 comments:

  1. Umm lets not discuss past relationships on a first date. Good or bad I don't think I wanna know about it just yet - Shut up and bowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with BJ why are we talking about bad past relationships when we are trying to start a new one. I agree- unless asked down line, lets just keep that info to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete