Monday, April 4, 2011

Sexual Famine

As I am sure you are all aware, the U.S. is in the midst of a famine.  Have you not heard?  Well, let me fill you in.  It’s a “Sex Famine.”  At least, that was the consensus expressed by a panel of experts (Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, Suze Orman) on a rerun of Oprah’s All Stars this past weekend.  It was quite an interesting discussion.  Nearly 60% of the audience polled responded they had sex one day a week or less.   I’m sure many of you reading this are thinking “Yup that would be me!” 

Unfortunately, they excluded singles from the discussion, which was primarily focused on married/committed couples.  WTH, do singles not deserve a solution for sexual famine?  According to these experts, having sex 3-4 times a week can add years to your life.  Marriage/commitment doesn't have to be the deciding factor in whether or not we indulge in sexual behavior.

Dr. Phil made the comment “women need a reason to and men need a place.”  I couldn’t agree more!  Everyone deserves to have a sexual release and the only way that is going to happen is by maintaining a connection with your libido mentally and physically.  I don’t know about you, but I want to add years on to my life, too!

1 comment:

  1. I love the quote "women need a reason to and men need a place" - We are such dawgs! LOL, but that was in a former life. I am married now and well lets just say that the single folks are lucky because if one aint puttin out they can always go to the next...married folk is stuck!

    ReplyDelete